Wednesday, August 29, 2007

What is a ninja?

Gametrailers has recently "honored" us with their top 10 ninjas. In order to properly express exactly how inept, inaccurate, and incredibly stupid this list is I would have to the latin origins of the word fallacy and explain how it has evolved throughout time to get to what Gametrailers has shown us. After that "Gametrailers" would then be used to describe deception.

Their top 10:

10. Jago. Seriously? Jago? The dude looks like he just bought a bandito kit from Toys "R" Us and got challenged to a street fight. I wouldn't even know this dude was a ninja if somebody hadn't told me. Suffice it to say, I was shocked and appalled that people continued to function under this misconception. Not only is he NOT a ninja, he doesn't even do anything REMOTELY ninja-esque. Protip: Ninjas in fighters can never be shoto clones.

9. Thomas from Kung Fu. What? It says in the title "Kung Fu". How is that ninja? What part of Thomas' outfit, martial arts style and game title says "Ninja"? I'm seriously confused at how this dude was even put into consideration. It's just a bold faced Gametrailers.

8. Joe Musashi from Shinobi. This wouldn't be so bad if the two newer ninjas (Hotsuma and Hibana) from the newer shinobi games didn't make Joe (don't even get me started on how that IS NOT A NAME FOR A NINJA) look like Thomas from Kung Fu. I won't be too upset though, since he is pretty cool. Not ninja, but ninjaesque. And Gametrailers, Joe IS in Shinobi on ps2. Your weak ass gaming skills were not sufficiently adequate to unlock him.

7. Goemon from Goemon. If you look and sound like you should be in pokemon, you aren't a ninja.

6. I-ninja from I-ninja. At this point, I'm just tired of this tomfoolery. It should be obvious that these people shouldn't be allowed to make a top 10 list of the top 10 numbers from 1-10.

5. Sub-zero from MK. Let's ignore the fact that he looks like the Shredder (who was not a ninja), let's ignore the fact that EVERY SINGLE MK "ninja" was played by some hispanic dude named Carlos Pesini. What we can not ignore is the fact that he is whack, and rule #1 of being a ninja is: You can't be whack.

4. Strider Hiryu from random capcom games. I have no issues with this listing.

3. TMNT A case could certainly be made for the turtles, I won't here. I will just say that top 10 material, no matter the argument, they are not.

2. Gray Fox from MGS1 - I have no issues with this listing.

1. Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden/DoA - I have no issues with this listing.

I will compose my own list of the top 10 ninjas when I have the proper time, consideration and respect such an endeavor deserves. This list, however, is a travesty and should not be taken seriously by anybody that can spell ninja.

If you want to see this bogus listings, click this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post... hey, if you like hot girls, check out www.Ifuckedyour....

Hah. Just kidding. Stupid blog bots! I keel you with my fists!

Ninjas... the neverending debate continues. Remember when Kenshin was all like, "Ninjas are ninjas, man! In real life or in video games! It's all the same! They're all REEEAAALL!!!"

SilentWar