Friday, September 3, 2010

New Direction

It's funny reading my old blog posts.  I always say I'll try to update more.  Invariably, I mention video games.  It's been almost an entire year, again, since I've updated.  I'm writing more now than I ever have.  I recently had a story published in the Pikes Peak Community College creative mag, The Almagre, and I'm surprised at the response.  Grown ass men have approached me, weepy eyed, lamenting my childhood upbringing and complimenting me on my attitude.

I'm not gaming much anymore, and though I still have an interest in games, I'm thinking my blog will turn its focus toward a more literary bent.  I'm now more concerned with the creative process of writing than I am becoming a journalist.  I'm hoping writing about writing will help me overcome some of the hurdles I have with writing fiction.  This is a blog, and I guess I should start treating it as such.  There have been some hurdles in my life I should probably get off my chest.  One such, not being able to attend CU Boulder until next Fall. 

Anyway, I'm at work.  I should be working, but it's a pretty dull Friday.  I'm looking forward to getting a haircut, getting dinner, and sleeping in tomorrow morning.

Also, I got an iPad.  It's pretty damn awesome. I've purchased several eBooks:  Knife of Dreams, All the Pretty Horses, M is for Magic, Wizards and Glass, The Way of Kings, along with numerous classics available on public domain. I'm not sure I like eBooks yet, but their convenience cannot be denied.

No comments: